Sunday, April 8, 2012

Poetry for 307 The Alarm Goes Off

I really like the idea of using repetition in poetry, it makes things feel very important, or urgent, in a poem I think. So this is a poem that I made up, becuase I feel so busy and overwhelmed with the end of the semester and work, and family obligations. Here goes nothing:

The Alarm Goes Off

The alarm goes off,
Run run run!
Out the door I go, to work, or school,
Drive drive drive!
Cry Cry Cry, or Play Play Play
What kind of children do we have at work today?
Works out, so home I go to see Lyla and Jenny,
Walk, walk, walk, run run run!
Or am I in class, 11-12:15, 12:25-1:40, 1:50-3:05, 3:15-4:30,
Listen, listen, listen, work, work, work!
Feel like I'm on auto pilot,
Ho-hum Ho-hum Ho-hum.
Back home again, to eat, work, and sleep,
Munch munch much!
Maybe I should have eaten lunch?
Work work work,
Try to get ahead, so that I can go to bed. 
I am winding down, not much energy left,
I pull myself into bed,
ZZZzzzzzzzzz,
The alarm goes off...

No comments:

Post a Comment