Sunday, April 15, 2012

EDU 307 What Picture Book Touched My Life


                The first book that comes to mind when I think of a picture book, is Millions of Cats. This is the picture book that really touched my life. I know this because I still have and think about this book often. And in my future classroom I plan to use this book. Hopefully some child will enjoy the book as much as I did when I was younger.
                This picture book touched my life probably because at the time when I read it I really loved cats. I still do, but at the time I was young and I really wanted to read a book that I could relate to. This was the perfect book because when I was 5 I thought I wanted to grow up and live with a million cats on one farm. However the book also taught an important lesson. The cats in the book all fight over who is the prettiest eventually this leads to all the cats disappearing and only one remaining. The one cat that remained, remained because it did not want to fight over a thing like “who the prettiest is.” As the book ends the cat was taken in cared for and grew up to be a beautiful and loving cat. This book taught an important lesson. It taught me that it does not matter what you look like. It is how you act and present yourself that matters. It also taught me that everyone can be pretty and beautiful in their own way.
                This book was defiantly a good book for me to read because I was able to enjoy the pictures and see that metaphor that everyone can be beautiful in their own way. I believe that it is important to have these books in the classroom so that children can relate to them and learn the important messages that they carry. In my future classroom I plan on using picture books to help my students learn. I hope that they will touch my students lives, like Millions of Cats touched mine! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks guys, for sharing this conductive accumulation.
    ppi claims calculator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure returning again for more contents of yours.
    ppi claims calculator

    ReplyDelete