Monday, April 23, 2012

Free Write for EDU 307 (and the final blog post I have to do for this class!)


                I’m really excited as I begin this post. This is the final post for EDU 307 that I will have to write.  I don’t really have anything particularly interesting to say but I will write what comes to my head for the next few sentences and paragraphs.
                I’m thinking about when this blog first began. I have written on blogs for other classes before, so this was not my first experience. However the only other time I had to blog for class was in 2008 in the fall of my senior year of high school, for a class called 21st Century Journalism. Back then I thought I wanted to be a journalist, but it was just a glimmer of something that I liked to do. As I have taken all the steps to acceptance into the education program, here at SCSU, and have taken some of the education classes, I truly realize that this is where my passion really is, in teaching.
                I believe that this blog experience hasn’t been all bad but hasn’t been all good either. While there were many free writes, I might have enjoyed having more topics to write about. Often it was hard to come up with things to write about and at times it felt like a hassle to be writing a free write when I had a lot of other homework to be doing. It felt almost like a chore that you do quickly and more on, and don’t think about again until you have to do it all over again. However in a way I did enjoy the free writes. They didn’t limit me. If I was thinking about something that I wanted to talk about, the blog was a great medium to use to do so. The free writes have their ups and downs. But I did enjoy having a subject to write about at times. I also support the use of these blogs as a way of writing for a “W” course. Instead of writing a million papers outside of class, don’t get me wrong we did our fair share of writing during this class, but the blogs were a different type of writing. Not one that made me stress every weekend. Overall I would say I enjoyed using the blogs more than I disliked them at times.
                As this year comes to an end, I find myself considering making a different blog, one that is not only for my education classes. But that is something I will have to consider when I have more time, and less immediate work to get done. I would give thumbs up to the use of blogs in future classes.
Good luck to all those studying and working, it will be over before you know it!

2 comments: