Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Free Write for EDU 414


                This is another free write for my EDU 414 class. In an attempt to get all my work done on time or ahead of time, I am writing this blog post now, even though I just completed my free write for EDU 307! So this time I think I will talk about the actually work I need to get done at my job before I leave on my trip to PhiladelphiaUniversity!
                As many of my friends know, and maybe even you already, I work at the YMCA in Branford,CT. my job position there is a Child Watch Attendant. So on every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and some Saturdays, when I am not in class, I am at work from 9am-12pm. My job during this time is to care for children that range from the ages of 3months to 9 years. In the infant room where I usually work on Mondays and Wednesdays, I take care of the children aged 3months to 2 years. In the preschool room where I usually work on Fridays I play with children ranging in the ages from 2 years to 6 years (if they are not in kindergarten yet). There is also a school aged room that is opened at night for the 4:30-8pm shift (which I don’t work during the school year) where we watch over children from 6 years of age to 9 years. When children turn 10 then can sign themselves in and out of the child watch areas and we do not have to watch them.
So for this week before I go on my mini vacation I still have to work, and I even am picking up extra shifts to help out a co worker! I worked Monday morning and I still have to work Wednesday morning, Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday morning. Usually I do not work night shifts during the school year because I have class times that run into the shift times, and I do not work these shifts in order to have time to complete school work. I am fortunate enough to have amazing co-workers that I enjoy working with and who are extremely accommodating to my school schedule and to me, when I need to switch a shift, especially on Saturdays. Luckily I wasn’t scheduled to work this Saturday so that turned out well for me.
So when I finish work on Friday I am heading out! At 12 I will leave work, probably fill up on gas (don’t want to run out of that), go pick up my friend and head out on my road trip to see my other friends. Although working all my shifts and some extras this week adds more stress and less school work time into my schedule I do not mind. The co-worker I am covering helps me out whenever she can so I am glad I can do my part to help her.
Well, now that everyone is filled in and I have talked about school work and my actual job schedule, I think I have talked on long enough to bore some people. Anyway I am really glad to be able to help someone and to still be able to get away for the weekend.
I wish everyone else a good upcoming weekend as well, may it be filled with more fun than work!

1 comment:

  1. You sure are busy. Very important to be organized when you are a teacher. No one understands all the work that a teacher needs to do.

    My Organizing pages: http://cybraryman.com/organizingpages.html

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete