Saturday, February 18, 2012

Free Write for EDU 414


For this week in EDU 414 I can free write about anything I want. However I’m not sure I have that much to share.
Recently I feel like I am being overwhelmed with work at school. I didn’t even realize we were already into the 5th week of the spring semester! It really is crazy how time seems to fly now. Like recently tonight, I started doing homework at 6:30pm and now it’s already 9:30pm. Did it really just take me 3 whole hours to read and write a summary for class? YES! All this work piles up on top of everything and it gets so crazy. I hope teachers can see how much effort I put into my work because I certainly do.
One thing this year has really taught me is that it really is tough to take 6 classes at a time. I never would have thought that adding one more class to make 6 classes instead of 5 would have added so much stress and work, but it really does. However somehow I still manage to work about 12 hours a week, go home and walk my dog, and get my work done, although it kind of comes at the cost of a slow social life over the semester. But when I put things into perspective it all makes it worth it. I am very lucky to have a good job with great coworkers and I am extremely lucky that my family supports me as I continue through school. Also the best part about it is that, even though I’m super busy, and have a slow social life because of it, I love the work I am doing. It really makes me know that I have chosen the right path that I want to be on. If I didn’t enjoy doing the work, then it would make no sense to be struggling through it on some days. However all the stress and work makes me know that I really do want to be a future teacher!
I think it is tough days like these where I can still come out with a smile on my face that makes me know this is the way to go for myself. I also believe it is tough work and semesters, and working through everything that will help make me and the rest of us who work so hard great teachers. It really shows how motivated we are to work and make progress to make ourselves better and to become the best we can for our future students. This is an important thing for us to have, passion. This passion will drive us through our remaining years at school and into our future classrooms where things are more likely than not going to be even more stressful than school work! But in the end it is all worth it, because after all the time and effort I still love every second I get to spend helping and teaching children.
I guess tonight I’m feeling inspired in a way. I am glad to be a hard worker and I am glad that others in my classes know how it feels too; I know I am not alone. I am inspired to work my best and get through the tough school times so I can be the best future teacher I can be! It also feels good to have passion within myself; it gives me the will to keep working through all this work.
So I guess, keep working everyone! All this hard work will undoubtedly pay off in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment