Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Free Write for EDU 414


                I LOVE school supplies, I think it has to be one of the reasons I enjoy the teaching profession so much. Ever since I was young I always looked forward to getting my assigned teachers and classes and also the school supply list. After these would come in the mail my mom and I would make plans to go shopping.
                I was lucky enough to be able to buy new supplies every beginning of the school year and at other times if I ever needed anything. When I was young I remember walking into stores and running straight over to the notebooks and folders and other school supply isles.  What I really remember is trying to find some pretty “Lisa Frank,” supplies. These items were always bright, colorful, sparkly, and fun. I loved having everything from my lunch box to my backpack be different, it really let me express myself.
As the years have gone by I have toned all my supplies down. I have simple notebooks and folders now, but of course I will miss having the bright, fun items. However just because they are not the same items as when I was little doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy them. Being organized and finding items that I will use in my future classroom is a lot of fun to me too. I would not be able to successfully do work in my room, at school, or anywhere else if I was disorganized. I really look forward to having my own classroom to organize and provide supplies for.
While I no longer carry around my Lisa Frank school supplies, I still carry the memories of them. I still remember buying them and having hard times choosing between items, I loved them all, and I remember how happy I was to be able to have them. These items would always brighten my school day. I believe that these kinds of items are an essential part to school. If a child enjoys what they have for school they will enjoy using them for the activities they are meant for. Hopefully one day I can take my own son or daughter school supply shopping, and they will enjoy it as much as I did, and still will.
Happy Shopping and Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment